This guide is intended to configure a Lyberix masternode, on a Ubuntu 16.04 64bit server (VPS) or an Ubuntu 18.04 64bit server (VPS) running headless and will be controlled from the wallet on your local computer (Control wallet). The wallet on the the VPS will be referred to as the Remote wallet.
You will need your server details for progressing through this guide.
First the basic requirements:
- 3,000 Lyberix
- The Control Wallet. A main computer (Your everyday computer) – This will run the control wallet, hold your collateral 3,000 Lyberix and can be turned on and off without affecting the masternode.
- The Masternode Server. A linux server (VPS – The computer that will be on 24/7). We suggest you to use an Ubuntu 16.04 64bit server or an Ubuntu 18.04 64bit server.
- A unique IP address for your VPS / Remote wallet
(For security reasons, you’re are going to need a different IP for each masternode you plan to host)
The basic reasoning for these requirements is that, you get to keep your Lyberix in your local wallet and host your masternode remotely, securely.
1) Using the control wallet, enter the debug console (Tools > Debug console) and type the following command:
masternode genkey (This will be the masternode’s privkey. We’ll use this later…)
2) Using the control wallet still, enter the following command:
3) Still in the control wallet, send 3,000 Lyberix to the address you generated in step 2 (Be 100% sure that you entered the address correctly. You can verify this when you paste the address into the “Pay To:” field, the label will autopopulate with the name you chose”, also make sure this is exactly 3,000 Lyberix; No less, no more.)
– Be absolutely 100% sure that this is copied correctly. And then check it again. We cannot help you, if you send 3,000 Lyberix to an incorrect address.
4) Wait until the the transaction is confirmed and still in the control wallet, enter the command into the console:
masternode outputs (This gets the proof of transaction of sending 3,000)
5) Still on the main computer, go into the Lyberix data directory, by default in Windows it’ll be
Find masternode.conf and add the following line to it:
<Name of Masternode(Use the name you entered earlier for simplicity)> <Unique IP address>:40018 <The result of Step 1> <Result of Step 4> <The number after the long line in Step 4>
Example: MN1 22.214.171.124:40018 892WPpkqbr7sr6Si4fdsfssjjapuFzAXwETCrpPJubnrmU6aKzh c8f4965ea57a68d0e6dd384324dfd28cfbe0c801015b973e7331db8ce018716999 1
Substitute it with your own values and without the “<>”s
VPS Remote wallet install
7) Install the latest version of the Lyberix wallet onto your masternode. The lastest version can be found here: https://github.com/lyberix/lyberix/releases
- Go to your home directory:
- Create directory.
- From your home directory, download the latest version from the Lyberix GitHub repository:
- The link above is for Ubuntu (or similar), make sure you choose the correct version of the core wallet if you are not using Ubuntu from: https://github.com/lyberix/lyberix/releases/tag/1.1.1
- Go to your Lyberix directory:
- Unzip and extract:
tar -zxvf lyberix-ubuntu-16.04.1.1.1.tar.gz
- Install dependencies. Follow instructions in step 3 of the Wallet setup guide.
- Note: If this is the first time running the wallet in the VPS, you’ll need to attempt to start the wallet
./lyberixv3dthis will place the config files in your ~/.lyberixv3 data directory. The first execution will fail and provide an error, don’t worry, its perfectly normal.
8) Now on the masternodes, find the Lyberix data directory here.
9) Open the lyberix.conf by typing
vi lyberixv3.conf then press i to go into insert mode and make the config look like this:
rpcuser=long random username rpcpassword=longer random password rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 server=1 daemon=1 logtimestamps=1 maxconnections=256 masternode=1 externalip=your unique public ip address masternodeprivkey=Result of Step 1
Make sure to replace rpcuser and rpcpassword with your own.
10) to exit the editor press
:wq! then press enter
Start your masternode
11) Now, you need to finally start these things in this order
– Start the daemon client in the VPS. First go back to your installed wallet directory,
cd ~/lyberixv3and then start the wallet using
– Encrypt your wallet with the following command
– Unlock your wallet
walletpassphrase <yoursecurepassword> 1234567 true
– From the Control wallet debug console
startmasternode start-alias <mymnalias>
where <mymnalias> is the name of your masternode alias, you choose it on step 2. (without brackets)
The following should appear:
“overall” : “Successfully started 1 masternodes, failed to start 0, total 1”,
“detail” : [
“alias” : “<mymnalias>”,
“result” : “successful”,
“error” : “”
– Back in the VPS (remote wallet), start the masternode
./lyberixv3-cli masternode start
– A message “masternode successfully started” should appear once the initial transfer got at least 20 confirmations. If you didn’t get that message wait until the transfer get those 20 confirmations.
12)Use the following command to check status:
./lyberixv3-cli masternode status
You should see something like:
“txhash” : “334545645643534534324238908f36ff4456454dfffff51311”,
“outputidx” : 0,
“netaddr” : “126.96.36.199:51472”,
“addr” : “D6fujc45645645445645R7TiCwexx1LA1”,
“status” : 4,
“message” : “Masternode successfully started”
Congratulations! You have successfully created your masternode!